Art club Program for the 3 Year Old Kindergarten
As part of the Mallee program your child will participate in ‘Art Club’ which will run one morning a week outside the Centre.
The aim of Art Club is:
- To engage children in creative art experiences that will encourage self-expression.
- To engage with different media such as drawing, painting, working with clay, creating collages and sculptures with recycled materials and nature.
These creative art experiences:
- Will be an opportunity to connect with our Brunswick Community through engagement to local parks, Galleries, the local library, and other community spaces and organisations.
- Will be sustainable and have a strong connection with nature and looking after our land.
- Will be an opportunity to learn about the Indigenous culture by embedding Indigenous Perspectives into our art program.
This goes hand in hand with our Centre Philosophy which promotes that we believe in teaching about the natural world by respecting the environment. We also acknowledge the first people of this land and embed Indigenous Perspectives in our Curriculum.
The benefits of extending this program outside Dawson Street will be that children will be engaged in these experiences in a small group, every week, for 1 or 2 hours of uninterrupted art experiences which will enhance the learning that children have at Dawson Street. The art experiences will be connected to what we are already learning in the Inquiry Projects and will have an emphasis in children’s representation of how they perceive and interpret the world.